Monday, March 5, 2012

First Grade Patriotism

We honored two of the greatest US presidents during our Patriotism unit.  Everyone made a George Washington and an Abraham Lincoln.  While we made the art projects, we talked about how important these presidents were in helping our country grow.

This George Washington looks like he has something to say.

A very sly looking George Washington.

Abes  and Georges hanging in the hall.
A super cute Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln
We ended our Patriotism Unit by studying patriotic symbols, including the Statue of Liberty.  We did a directed drawing of the Statue of Liberty and the results were adorable.  This is one of my favorite projects.  Everyone heard the same set of directions, but each Lady of Liberty turned out differently!




A very serious Statue of Liberty!

I know that I am almost a month late with this post, but I had to share these projects with you.  They are some of my favorite projects that we do all year.  I hope you enjoy them as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com